Information to applicants
Applications for the Bachelor programs in Film and TV Production are assessed in two parts:
1. Your initial application form and final grades will be assessed.
Your results from secondary school / high school form the basis of your application and we use your average grade when ranking your application. More information about this process can be found on this link in the “results of admission” tab and “How my was my application ranked”.
2. You are asked to submit a personal introduction video and showreel of work.
This can give you maximum 40 points of your application score.
When all applications have been assessed, the applicants with the highest overall score will be offered a place on the programme.
Follow the guidelines below to complete your personal introduction video and showreel and fulfil your application to the Bachelor programs in Film and TV Nord University.
Applicants record a video (maximum 30 seconds) of themselves (selfie) answering the following question:
“Why have you applied for bachelor in Film and TV Production?”
Assemble your best work into a showreel (Maximum 30 seconds).
What we would like to see:
Bachelor in Film and TV Production:
- Traditional or digital artwork (any physical artwork must be digitised)
- Ideas for scripts
- Ideas/pitch for a film project
- Photography or video (focus on good composition)
- Experience from film or TV productions
You do NOT have to show skills in all fields.
Video delivery requirements:
Merge your personal introduction video and showreel into one single video file:
- Maximum duration: 60 seconds.
- Minimum resolution: HD 720 or HD 1080
- Accepted codec: H.264/MPEG-4
- Accepted file format: .mp4, .mov
- Max file size: 100 MB
Uploading your portfolio:
When you are ready to upload your video file, have your applicant number and password ready
“NB! The password is sent to you by email from the admissions office at Nord University right after the application deadline. It is not the same password as you used when you applied through Søknadsweb.”
Deadlines for submitting your video file is:
- Applicants outside EU: 15th. of December 2022.
- Applicants inside EU and Norwegian applicants: 15th. of May 2023.
Problems when uploading file?
If you’re having problems when uploading your file you may contact our programme coordinators.
Film & TV: Joachim Voldseth, email@example.com